4/14/16 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 00:01
Meeting opened at 7:30pm by John Mayer
Board Attendance: John Mayer(President), John Toner(Secretary), Greg Strickland(VP), Lisa Fusaro(Treasurer)
Treasurer’s Report: Account Balance $1,625.93, Easter Expenses of $130.65
Membership Report: Elections, Select Mailings, Handouts at library during flea market, block captains
Library Report: Fund drives currently going on. Flea Market coming up. Renovations to library scheduled for 2017.
Community Watch: Looking for volunteers
Community Center Report: No report
Commissioner’s Report: Paul McElhaney
- Free Dump weekend this weekend
- Shredding event, Annie Sez parking lot, This weekend, Pam Delisio
- LM is one of five AAA rated in the country when it comes to bond issuance and finance
- Belmont Avenue Plan update
- Noise ordinance up for review
- Community outreach, 3rd party audit on LM procedures
- Managers contract is up. 2 yr contract at a time
New Business/Old Business:
- Speeding concerns on Highland and Ashland Avenue along with Jefferson Street
- Parking on Jefferson issues due to restaurants
- Motion to buy plants at BH Plant Sale, $100 for the triangle. Motion Passed.
- No political signs on Triangle
- Motion to pay $25 to individual in Easter Bunny outfit for Easter Egg Hunt. Motion Passed.
- May 15th, Civic BBQ at McMoran Park, 3pm-7:30pm.
- Easter Egg Hunt was a success, strong turnout, beautiful day. Special thanks to East Laurel Cemetary and Zitner’s for donating the larger eggs.
- Norfolk Southern Meeting to be scheduled with rep from Norfolk Southern. Date TBD.
- Clean-up scheduled for 4/30. Meet at La Colina, 9am.
- Communication Manager position discussed to handle domain name, facebook, emails and website.
- Other committee’s discussed.
Meeting adjourned, 8:45pm.
3/3/16 Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:16
Meeting opened at 7:30pm by John Mayer
Board Attendees: John Mayer, John Toner, Lisa Fusaro
Minutes are now being posted on website
Treasurer’s report: $1,720 balance, dues coming in have slowed down.
Membership Report: Upcoming door-to-door and Easter Egg Hunt
Library Report: 13 donors, $1,000 donated, fund drive letter to go out. Flea Market coming up, Civic association to get a table.
Community Watch: County offers training program, need volunteers. Several incidents in Belmont Hills. Possible cameras at pool, hockey rink and library.
Commissioner’s report: Paul Mcelhaney, update on Belmont Avenue project, pothole Hotline (610-645-4782), Children at play sign discussed for Highland Avenue, Comprehensive Plan was adpoted, 4/16-4/17 and 4/30-5/1 free dump weekend.
Low income house in Belmont Hills on Madison Avenue through the HUD program and low income program.
New/Old Business: Motion to change to calendar year fiscal year. Motion tabled to check with Federation
Spring Cleanup: 4/30
Next meeting: 4/14
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm
11/5/15 Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, 02 March 2016 00:42
9 people in attendance including all four executive board members(John Mayer, Lisa Fusaro, John Toner and Greg Strickland)
- Meeting was called to order at 7:30pm by John Mayer (President)
- Treasurer’s report
- $1,724 balance in checking account. $70 in dues came in. $365 collected at October meeting and parade.
- $535 of expenses were incurred for Halloween Parade
- Library Report
- 134 Donations this years totaling $8,686. Average donation was $65. Mistic night is Saturday 11/7.
- Federation Report
- Student Housing regulation
- Institutional zoning-there is a need to have it.
- Commissioner’s Report: Paul McElhaney
- Started budget discussions
- No tax increase
- Workers Association discussions
- Paul is going to correct graffiti in public bathroom at Park
- Paul is working with Pam and John Mayer about train tracks
- Township is now accepting credit cards
- Manayunk bridge open Dawn-Dusk, closed at night.
- Blackboard Connect
- Other Business Discussed
- Motion by Richard Welsh to allow $100 for tee shirts. Motion passed.
- Discussion for sign at Triangle, to further discuss at fall cleanup 11/21. Fall cleanup will meet at La Colina.
- Halloween Parade went well.
- Pot luck is scheduled for 5/15/16.
- Next Meeting, 3/3/16.
- Meeting Adjourned at 8:30pm